I came home from a week's vacation hoping to find a zucchini or two in the garden. The pretty green squash were still small, but I found a few other surprises: yellow wax beans, a handful of green beans, lots of lettuce, and one banana pepper! It's definitely time for produce fun.
My herbs, though, didn't make it. Remember the potential? The pot still looks like that. I think it was too wet or didn't have enough drainage, and the seeds rotted. Sniff. Sigh. What now? I bought three basil plants for $4 at the farmers' market, and picked up two different oregano plants at Home Depot. Yes, it's sad that I had to buy my plants and do it so late in the season, but at least I'll have a few fresh herbs to add to my cooking.
When the zucchini comes along en masse , I'll be ready. Lining up the bread pans already...
Hidden Medical Costs That Surprise New Rescue Pet Owners
-
Bringing home a rescue pet feels like a bargain compared to buying from a
breeder, but many new owners quickly discover that the adoption fee is just
the...
5 days ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment